Saturday, April 28, 2007

What a week

Well this week is finally over. I don't know what the problem with me has been. But this unit has not been interesting to me. Right now I am trying to design a chair. Our instructor is really good. I think that he hoped we would all do dining chairs. But I have decided to design a lounge chair. But I have had almost no inspiration at all. I have a cool design, at least I think it's cool. But it doesn't sing to me, I'm definitely not in love with this design. At least not yet.

I spent the week building a full size mock-up. That has not been fun. Nothing was working as I thought it would. The design didn't look like I imagined it. But yesterday I think I had a good win. Things finally came together.

The chair is very geometrical. It's made up of triangle shapes. I like to think it's a very modern interpretation of a Morris chair. I hope it to be as inviting and comfortable as a Morris chair. I will take a few pictures of the mock up next week. We have to start building this thing soon. The chair has to be completed by the 18th of May. So there is a lot of work to be done. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I have put a Hit counter and a Hit Map at the bottom of the page. I have been pleasantly surprised with the amount of readers and where you all are from. Although the map doesn't tell me where you are specifically. I would love you all to tell me where you are and what you think of the blog. And ways that I might improve and make it better. Let me know what you think. Leave me a comment or continue to email me.

kalafinefurniture@gmail.com



Kaleo

No comments: