Friday, April 20, 2007

Back in full swing..

Sorry that it has been so long since I have posted something. This last week has just been crazy. Our new instructor arrived on Monday, his name is Evan Dunstone. He is a designer maker from Canberra. You can see his stuff on www.dunstonedesign.com.au . He is a well of knowledge on all thing wood related. I have never met someone that has an answer to almost any questions about wood that you could have. He is a master at choosing and accentuating grain and it's direction.

So he is here for our chair unit. Which for me is getting off to a slow start. I am having a real hard time with this unit so far. Nothing is inspiring me, none of my drawing have just jump out and said make me. But I have a few good ideas, that I might just have to develop. I have until Monday to get something designed and resolved. So it's going to be a long weekend.

I also spent a lot of time this week putting together my Resume and Artist statement and some photos for the juried competition in June. Only one other person besides myself entered from our class. I was surprised that no one else did. But that's OK by my. I also am getting some things ready to send to Fine Woodworking. They are doing a readers gallery issue all about students and there work. So I have to get another CD ready of images. That has to be in early next month.

Other than that nothing new to report. I hope to get a mock up of my chair built soon. Then I will post some pictures of it. Until then be good all.

No comments: