Thursday, March 15, 2007

One week to go!

Well there is one week left to get all the stools done and ready for our exhibition. So the pressure is on. And to put more pressure on myself, I've decided to go to the wood show in Hobart for the weekend. So tomorrow morning (Friday) I have my Uni class in the morning. Which is a web design class. And I have to say that I love that class. I think it has to do with all the design stuff I am learning here. But the coolest thing that I think the class is offering my is, that not only do I design all the content (i.e. I design all the furniture and make it) I also design and control the way in which it will be viewed on the Internet. So be on the look out with in the next couple of months for fouronefive designs website. (at least that's what I am calling my potential company right now.)

But where was I, after that class in the morning I will have a couple of hours before we leave for Hobart. It's a 2 hour drive down there. I know what you are thinking " 2 hours that's nothing." You are right normally. But he in Tasmania with little one lane roads and tons of road kill and the most curved roads you will even see, the trip is not that fun. So we are going to stay there for the weekend.

But then that leaves me Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to finish. Because are suppose to present on Thursday and prepare for the exhibition. Also the National new team is in town that day and are going to come and due a piece on us. So I might get on Australian TV. Wooo Hooo.

But as of right now things are looking good. I have all my timber ready and at it's final dimensions. I have cut all the joinery. All I have to do is assemble the frames and glue them up. Then I have to laminate the seat with some nice bending ply and saddle leather on top. Then cut them into slats and attach them to the stool. I am pretty confident that I will get the set of four done, and hopefully one extra in a different timber also. We shall see.

Please to be enjoying some pictures.









Picture 1: This is my bench at the moment. Full of all the parts to my 4 stools.

Picture 2: One of the stools that I have already glued the side frames together to test strength again. This is because I have thinned the entire stool. Originally the uprights of the frame where 80 mm wide. ( alittle over 3 inches ). Now all the pieces to the outside frames are 55 mm wide ( 2 inches). So I wanted to make sure the that they would be strong enough. And they are, believe me.

Picture 3: Just a different view of the stool. The slats on this stool are made form MDF just to so me what they are going to look like.

Anyways, have a great weekend and play nice.

Kaleo

No comments: