Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Final Pics before the show


Well I finished the stools today. With one whole day to spare is nice. I only have one coat of oil on the stools. So they still need a few more coats, but that will happen over the next 3 days. So I will get at least 3 coats on before the exhibition.

If you can't tell I decided to go with a whole seat instead of a slated one. There is a good reason for that. First, I really like it this way. But the main reason is that I found that the slats were not that strong. The seat together is pretty strong, not as strong as I would like it to be. So future seats there will be some changes. But the seat right now holds me. So that should be good enough for the exhibition.

They have come out better than I imagined. I really like these stools, I hope they do well.



We had a great time in Hobart over the weekend. They have a great market on Saturday. So we spent the day down by the sea and went to all the little shops and stalls. I got to go to all the major galleries and look at the furniture in them. It always gives me hope seeing what is in these galleries. The quality is not the best. If those guys can get in them, I can get in them.

As for the wood show, it was small. It took about 15 minutes to walk around the show. I spent about 45 minutes looking at things. There wasn't anything really good there to talk about.

Well that's about it. The exhibition is on Friday and after that we have 2 weeks with no instructor. So that means cleaning up the bench area and maybe doing something small and quick. We'll see.

I'll take some pictures of the exhibition and post them, along with some nice pictures of my stool with a better back drop. By the way I am trying to think of a name for my stools, if you have any suggestions please email them to me at

kalafinefurniture@gmail.com

Thanks

No comments: