Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday- one week left and counting...


I know that I have been post crazy these last few days, but lots happening these days. I told you that I got the case glued up yesterday. So here are a couple of shots of the clamp monster. This thing took 24 clamps in total.

Well it came out of the clamps this morning and into the show room to be prepped for finishing. And that's what I spent the day doing today. I spent the entire day scraping off veneer tape, because I didn't want to risk sanding through. Then I think I spent something like 5 hours sanding. But it was good, because I got a coat of oil on the outside of the carcass tonight. I prefinished the inside of the cabinet, but it still needs another good sanding and the dividers haven't received any oil yet either. But the school is open tomorrow and I should get everything sanded back again and another coat of oil on.
















Next big thing is going to be getting the doors ready and fit to the case. For those of you that have forgotten or might not know. The doors are on the front and the back and they will slide in grooves. So this should be interest. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you all updated.

Until then... where's that ginger beer, it is Friday right?

No comments: