Monday, August 20, 2007

Updated shots...

The shop was open this weekend, so I got to spend a few hours there. Finally got my second base glued up and sanded down. Put the first coat of oil and cut the table top to size. I actually put it all together to see what it is going to look like. So here it is...







What do you think. I have taken pictures with it in different set ups. I actually like it a lot. I guess I should since I designed and built it. I think that if I ever built another one, it will be significantly wider. Maybe as big as two of these one. With that said, I really like this version.

Today I got the whole thing level so that the table sits level and doesn't rock. I glued up my drawer carcass and cut all the timber for my drawer. So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get the drawer made and get the hardware on. I'm going to use some knife hinges and some stays and some magnetic catches. The stays say they have a brake on them, so I took that to mean that they are self lowering. Which I hope they are, but if not that would be OK. What I would love the door to do is, you push it in and the magnetic catch releases the doors and it just falls open gently. So we shall see. I'll tell you about that when I get there.

Until then....

1 comment:

Wanders said...

Wow. That is really gorgeous, Kaleo.