Well today marked the end of our chair project. Needless to say that I wasn't really into this project. I spent the first 2 weeks designing a chair that I really didn't like, but thought that I had to build. I worked on it and built a prototype. Still I didn't like it. Then I spent a week attempting to build it. But I was moving really slow with it.
Last weekend I decided to redesign and make a chair that I thought would be cool. So this is the result.
It is made with Tasmania Blackwood and Brazilan Walnut. It's a real simple design, just a couple of frames with rails in which the seat sits on. I had a real fun time shaping the seat. I don't have a good picture of it, but I shaped the seat and the back by hand. It's real subtle but nice. The back is also on a pivot, so when you sit into the chair the back form to your angle of sit.
Well I have about 3 weeks to get a new set of stools together with a few design changes. I am going to make a new set for the exhibition in Hobart. So this should be fun. I'll keep you up to date with how it goes.